If you need information about our classes or have reservations questions please
call us on 800-499-0996.
Please register for classes early to ensure you have a space. Any class not
meeting the minimum number of guests 48 hours prior to class time may be rescheduled
Fun Details – All classes include menu recipes, samples of
the food prepared and complimentary beverages. All students receive a 10% discount
off of in store purchases (excluding alcohol) before and after class on the day
of the class. For your safety, please wear flat, closed-toe shoes in our hands
Welcome to The Cook's Warehouse real time online class registration center.
By default you are shown all classes currently on the schedule.
You may filter the classes presented here by selecting a chef, a location, a cuisine,
or any combination of the three options.
To register for one or more classes just enter the number of seats for each class
desired and click the 'Buy' button once.
When you are done click on 'Complete Registration'.
A Weekend of Food Styling: Seminar and Hands On Workshop
Food styling experts and authors of the acclaimed "The Food Stylist's Handbook" Denise Vivaldo and Cindie Flanagan bring their wildly popular weekend long Food Stylist's Workshop back to Atlanta! They literally wrote the book on food styling, and the latest edition is out this summer. Originally published in 2010, this paperback edition of The Food Stylist’s Handbook is fully updated and revised to help current culinary professionals, armchair chefs, and food photographers understand how to make every picture tell a story. Whether you are a blogger, are contemplating a career as a food stylist, already work in the industry and need more tips and tricks, or are just interested in exploring this increasingly popular culinary field, you'll learn it all here! Lots of new content will be covered, so even if you joined them for a previous workshop, there is still plenty in store! Course will include the following:
• The elements of a good photo; how to cook, plate and garnish for the camera while keeping it all edible.
• High-end restaurant plating vs. home-style plating. Using salads to illustrate the difference between the two presentations.
• All about chicken. Roasting, sautéing and frying, adjusting color, plating and garnishing.
• Sandwiches, which breads work best, to slice or not to slice, condiments and other additions.
• During the afternoon portion of each session, participants will get hands on to make their own plates with any of the food from the days demos.
• Breakfast foods: eggs all ways, bacon, pancakes and syrup pours.
• Classic family dinner, meatloaf, green beans, potatoes and gravy. How to cook, color, plate and garnish for the camera.
• How to construct beautiful bowls, from breakfast bowls to health-packed veggie bowls to pho.
• Question & Answer: Denise answers questions and signs books.
Breakfast is provided, lunch on your own.
As consultants, food stylists, and culinary producers, Denise and Cindie have helped with numerous television productions, infomercials, food manufacturers, grocery stores chains, restaurants, publishers, authors and celebrities with their projects and products. They are the authors of eight books, including The Food Stylist’s Handbook, 2nd edition. See their work at Denise Vivaldo Group.
CLASS IS FULL. Only accepting wait listed students. How many would you like to add to the wait list?
Classes in this series
Online cancellation not available. Please call one of our stores or email firstname.lastname@example.org
for further assistance.